Microsoft Office 2019 is the latest version of Microsoft Office program, It was released for macOS on September 24, 2018. Some features of Microsoft office which had been restricted to Office 365 subscribers, they are available now with Microsoft office 2019.
Microsoft released a commercial Preview of office 2019 for macOS on June 12, 2018. Which is only supported for macOS Sierra and later. Which is only supported for Windows 10 computer and Windows Server 2019 or macOS Sierra and later.
- Focus Mode is available for Microsoft Word 2019.
- 2D maps is available for Microsoft Excel 2019.
- New Morph transitions also available with office 2019.
- Update for PowerPoint will be added soon which is ( SVG support and 4K video exports ) among with other features.
- The Office 2019 user interface retain same as the Metro design language from Office 2016, except that the Microsoft account picture is circular.
In In MAC computer you need operation system Sierra and later. For Office 2013 and office 2016, all edition contain the client based application which is available in both Click-To-Run and traditional Windows Installer setup formats for the Microsoft Office.
For Office 2019, the client application only have Click-to-Run installer, and also you will get smaller footprint with Click-To-Run version, as compare to client application, server application have the traditional MSI installer.
Office 2019 will receive five years of mainstream support by Microsoft, but as compare Office 2016 which gets five years of extended support, Office 2019 only gets two. Extended support for office that will end on October 14, 2025, while Mainstream will end their support on October 10, 2023.